5 fun St Patrick’s day ideas to do with the kids
Posted on March 17 2020
Feeling locked in due to the Corona virus?
5 fun St Patrick’s day ideas to do with the kiddies
In light of the recent stresses of the Corona Virus we came up with some fun ways to celebrate ST Patties Day with the little ones.
Celebrating St Patrick’s day can help take everyone’s minds off of “COVID19” - if just for the day.
Never celebrated St Patrick’s day before? Not to worry we’ve included everything you need to have a fun day in with the kids.
Feel free to substitute, where you have to with what you have on hand.
Kid friendly “Green Smoothie”
Wouldn’t it feel amazing to get your kids to have some greens? This might just be the day to squeeze it in. (just don’t let them see it go in, of course) You can distract them by leaving a bottle of green food coloring out on the counter
1 cup- almond milk – or other milk of their liking
1 - Frozen banana (cut into chunks prior to freezing)
½ cup - frozen pineapple chunks - If you have canned or fresh just drain and freeze.
1/2 cup - Kale (can be fresh or frozen) Don’t have Kale? Use any green leaf lettuce
1 cup - Ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 30 seconds
Chicken ranch wrap
What you need to make these delicious wraps the kids are sure to love
Grilled chicken breasts sliced into strips – Can substitute with defrosted frozen chicken grilled or breaded just prepare according to package and let cool.
Ranch dressing – (Store bought or recipe below)
Shredded Cheese (use what ever cheese your kiddies love)
Best ever ranch dressing
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp. freshly chopped dill
1 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
This Ranch dressing will keep in fridge for up to 7 days. So… feel free to double this recipe if you want to have more on hand for a salad or pizza later in the week.
Here is a great game for the kids that only involve one item you already have around the house.
Just kidding…. I had to.
No - save your toilet paper! Lord knows it took some of us standing in long lines to acquire… and besides it just may be a great bartering tool for something else you may need in the weeks to come.
Here are other ideas…
- Fill a bowl up with pennies for a quick and easy pot of gold
- Make a St Patty’s day craft with the kids. Take inventory of things you have around the house that can be used for a craft project and let the kids go crazy. The more green you find the better.
- Do a quick online search for diy crafts that use what you have on hand. If you only have paper and markers that ok, you can find a project that uses just that.
ST PATRICK’S DAY GAME
4 Leaf Clover hunt
- Cut out 10- 20 4 leaf clovers out of construction paper.
- Have the kids hide in a room where they will not see you hiding the 4 leaf clovers
- Hide the clovers in places that are easy enough for the ages of the kids to be able to find without getting discouraged.
- You can also give them clues to help them out and make the game more fun
- You can make the prize something fun like… “the winner gets to sit at the head of the table for dinner.” Or “The winner gets to pick out the snack or dessert that everyone gets to have later.” Etc.
The whole idea is to just have fun with it the holiday. and Hopefully this will help inspire more creative ways to get through the next couple weeks of social distancing and shut ins.